28 February 2014

movies: scarlet street (fritz lang, 1945)


I was perusing my movie blog for old time's sake and realized I missed word-vomiting my thoughts on movies. Granted, the ones I typed up as a 16 year old are pretty jumbled and incoherent - ah, youth. Every Tuesday a theater on campus hosts a film series and this week's movie was Fritz Lang's Scarlet Street. You can watch it here on Hulu!

There was a LOT going on in this movie. An art theft plot, two one-sided love affairs, cranky wives, slimy boyfriends...the works. I won't say too much about the plot since I'm notorious for spoiling things, but I would recommend it. There's a lot of drama! The climax will for sure make your jaw drop. The performances were also great. I definitely want to see more of Joan Bennett. As gross as Dan Duryea's character was, it was a flawless performance. And of course Edward G. Robinson is great as an adorable idiot.

The homes were to die for, too. The split level studio in Kitty's apartment? Dang.

"Well, I was going to do this myself, but..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics