06 January 2014

makeup monday: three ways to wear naked 3


The Naked 3 has swiftly replaced my Stila In the Light palette as my everyday grab (but I still love you, baby). Though I was really eager to play around with it, once I sat down to work I was kind of scared! These aren't typical shades for anyone really, and that's what makes it so unique. After a week of trying new shade combos, I think I've got my bearings. I kept the rest of my makeup consistent as part of the "experiment," and used UD Primer Potion before applying anything because I have creasing issues and this is the only thing that helps me. Here are three ways to wear the Naked 3 - heh heh.

LOOK ONE - Mattes
Here I used the three matte shades - Strange all over the lid as as inner corner/browbone highlight, Limit in the crease as a transition shade, and Nooner in the outer corner/crease, topped off with my standard liquid liner and mascara. These are the first matte shades I've really worn and I'm in love. Such a quick and easy look. It also appears I skipped the undereye concealer this day. Oy.

LOOK TWO - Copper & Brown tones
Strange in the inner corner and lid, Trick all over the lid, Factory in the crease/outer corner, and a smidgen (so pigmented!) of Blackheart in the outer corner to deepen it up a bit. Took Darkside on an angled brush on the bottom lashline too.

LOOK THREE - Mauves
Strange in the inner corner (sensing a theme here?), Liar all over the lid, Mugshot in the crease, Factory in crease/outer corner and on bottom lashline. A note on the shadows themselves: they are sooo buttery and you barely need to tap a brush into them to pick up color (especially with these colors). It's like an angel descended from heaven and kissed your eyelids.

This last one is definitely my favorite. I love this palette because it suits my hazel eyes and really makes them stand out, though this would totally work for other eye colors and skin tones. The only shade I have an issue with is Dust because it's so glittery without much substance - shall I say dusty? *slaps knee*

For swatches and other info, check out Temptalia, aka my bible. If you have any other Makeup Monday suggestions, let me know! Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics