26 October 2013

sarah's spooky spooktacular: i married a witch


Welcome to the first installment of SARAH'S SPOOKY SPOOKTACULAR! I love Halloween and have been binging on it since October 1st. I am one of those pumpkin spice girls. Anyway, I thought I'd do a roundup of some seasonal movies in the last week or so before Halloween and first up is I Married a Witch (Rene Clair, 1942), which (witch?) I watched right here on Hulu as part of their Huluween thing. I can't deal with that pun.

I must say I was attracted to this because Bewitched is one of my all time favorite tv shows. I was wanting something in the same vain and this was definitely it. I just love witches anyway - this season of American Horror Story? YES. This is also probably a good time to say that Hocus Pocus is one of my all time favorite movies and I could watch it everyday for a year and never get sick of it. sisTAAAAHS!

This was also my first Veronica Lake movie so it was a pleasure to finally see the famous hair in action. I also had a minor quarter life crisis because I realized that she was my age when she filmed this and while she's acting and everything, I'm laying in bed wearing Dr. Seuss boxer shorts*. Her life > mine.

For some reason I totally sympathized with Susan Hayward's character Estelle. Obviously I wanted Jennifer and Wally to be together because duh. Movie magic and all that. But after so many things went wrong at the wedding, Estelle just whips her bouquet at the ground and is like, "I have had ENOUGH!" and runs up the stairs to confront Wally. I was oddly overjoyed by that. Maybe because that was a perfect reaction to the week I've had. TGIF, guys.

*For the record, they're One Fish Two Fish themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics