01 June 2013

summer tunes

































I've really been digging the new Eisley album. They're a new find for me but dang. That album is something else for sure. Mandy from Miss Indie called it magical, and it's basically nothing short of that.

Every summer I get into a 50s/60s pop groups kick because those songs just sound like summer. So stuff like this mix has been my jam lately. Girl groups, Beach Boys, and generally things you want to boogie down to. Also I think the "tragic" songs are hilarious. Think the spoken bit in Leader of the Pack by the Shangri-La's: "As he drove away on that rainy night, I begged him to go slow. But whether he heard, I'll never know...Look out! Look out! Look out! Look out!" Cue the car crashing noises. I can't.

I've also found some new artists that are really dance worthy. Haim is a group of sisters who play upbeat songs that kind of sound like they're from the 80s. My favorite is Don't Save Me and I sing it in the shower. No shame. Adding to the shower soundtrack is Grimes because o m g why I hadn't jumped on that bandwagon sooner I will never know. All of songs are just...ethereal. She's like a fairy. Obviously I like Oblivion (who doesn't) and also Rosa and Vanessa (this live version is just like adkfasd) from her earlier albums. All of my playlists have at least one Grimes song in them. I understand it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really love her music.

8tracks is really great for finding new music, which I then add to playlists in Spotify. You can find me on 8tracks here! Similarly you can also see what I'm listening to on my last.fm.

What are you listening to?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I really like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. '60s girl bands; all day, every day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics