23 May 2012

parents say the darndest things

Not my parents, but close enough.

I come home from a coffee date with my friend Kelsey to find my parents sitting in the living room, the tv muted. The first thing I hear when I open the door is mom, lamenting, "and the tube was clogged, probably from that pet hair!" I know she's talking about her new (used) vacuum. 

She interrupts herself to ask me how Kelsey is, etc, when my dad blurts out, "Uh, Sar? I was on the edge of my seat about this clogged dry-vac of your mother's when you so rudely interrupted. Can you please go?"

I'm so glad my parents have a sense of humor about the mundanity of married life.

-images from retro-space-

2 comments:

  1. I tagged you in my latest post!! :) http://www.themuffingtonpost.org/2012/07/liebster-award-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post. My parents say some of the same things every once and awhile and I can't help but smile at the cuteness. I'd rather hear that kind of conversation than stuffy politics, gossipy stories, or nagging!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics