19 July 2011

You must be a Weasley

everything: thrifted
Also my lifesaver this summer are the spandex bike shorts I got at Target...I feel much more carefree in short dresses! ;)

It was hotter than Africa today, hence the minimalism. I hid in the AC all day and watched Harry Potter. I think I am Ron Weasley.

A Savers store just opened up near me recently, and I think I may like it better than my usual thrift shops! It's brand new, so everything hasn't been picked over a million times, and it's so organized and neat. And their dressing rooms aren't as scary either! Now when I'm trying on things, I feel like I'm in Target rather than a sketchy, dusty little box with a beat up chair from the 70s and no hooks to hang things on. Yay! I spent $26 and got a book (Girl, Interrupted by Susannah Kaysen), a pair of wacky red pumps, this dress and belt, two other shirts, and a wool beret. I'd say a very successful trip. :) I read in a magazine that denim dresses are apparently the 'it' thing for summer, so when I saw this I threw it in my basket and lo and behold; it was cute and flattering! (Denim trend here and here.)

PS: I should just rename this blog The Barefoot Blog-tessa at the rate I'm going.

2 comments:

  1. 1) I like your face. ;-D

    2) It can't POSSIBLY be hotter than Africa. Your fingers would have already melted off. Believe me, I KNOW! hahaha

    3) THRIFT-STORES FOR THE WIN!

    4) BAREFOOT BLOG-TESSA! BAREFOOT BLOG-TESSA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STOP BEING SO CUTE OKAY. Omg I was watching the actual Barefoot Contessa the other day and she wears the same shirt in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. At least you don't do that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics