19 June 2011

hello again

Welp, here I am.

The basic fact of the matter is that I love blogging. I started up Cinema Splendor after seeing probably under ten classic movies, but I was "gonna make a noise in the world!" - a quote from Gypsy, one of the ten. I wrote a very robotic but overall good first blog post on The Graduate and I seriously could not WAIT until I was blog famous and people interviewed me on TCM and I was the next Robert Osbourne and blah blah blah. As the years went on my tastes changed, my high school schedule got more hectic, and I moved on to different things. Whenever I would update the blog, it was always because I felt I had to, and I kind of fell out of love with it. After meeting some of my best friends through the world of blogging, and seeing their sites flourish, I missed it. I had recently wanted to turn CS into a catchall blog of whatever I liked, but I couldn't see how I would do it.

So here I am, in the wee hours of the morning of June 18th, 2011, my high school graduation in the coming days, and I'm feeling all sentimental about everything. Obviously this is a brand spankin' new chapter in my life and I want to start off fresh. Sheesh, this is getting deep for a first post, but I swear I'm never this serious! I had coffee at 8pm because apparently that was a good idea at the time and I'm feeling productive. At midnight.

WELL.

Whatever you're going to find here is going to be whatever strikes my fancy, whether it be movies (yes, I'll still be writing about those!) tv shows, books, pizza, fashion, WHATEVER. I also have a tumblr for that, but hey. I guess the internet just can't get enough of me. :)

PS: There's barely anything on this blog because there isn't anything on it but this post! When I start posting more, more will show up. :)

6 comments:

  1. a) Catcher in the Rye reference, am I right?
    b) HONORARY BLUTH
    c) I didn't know you were a Twin Peaks fan!!!

    Does this mean Cinema Splendor is finished? :( Let me know and I'll change the links on my blog to go here instead!! :D I can't wait to see what you post! :D

    Oh, and un-asked for coding help.. if you want your image to line up completely with the left margin (so it doesn't indent away from the post title & text) just make sure the margin on post img is set to zero like this:

    padding:0px;

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) YES
    b) HAHAHA YES.
    c) I am so obsessed, the word obsessed doesn't even cover it.
    'Fraid CS is done :( It's not a total goodbye though, because I'm here! I'll still keep it up for old time's sake. And yes, please change your links!
    Thanks for the coding help lol, I fixed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that first blog post! haha

    Your new blog is quite lovely! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this post because that is often how I feel about my own blog. I'm following and I cant wait to see what you come up with ;)

    <3 Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics