21 June 2011

antique mallin' it up

  
There's an antique mall about 5 minutes away from my house, and today was waaay too hot for me, so my brother and I decided to take a quick drive and soak up their air conditioning. They play music all from the 50s and 60s, so it's always fun to walk around and browse. It's not as much an antique mall as it is a building with aisles upon aisles of old junk that people are asking money for, but there's a ton of gems hidden between the shelves and tucked in the corners. It's usually where I get all of my vinyl records. I picked up this Peter Max poster for my dorm room next year, I think it'll fit in quite well with my turquoise decor! Somebody drew a moustache on the guy, but it looks like it fits in and gives him some character. ;)

You're not supposed to take pictures in there, but I managed to secretly snap a picture of this gorgeous desk with my phone. It was a little dinged up but I loved it; it looked like a Victorian ladies' desk :') It actually reminded me a lot of this picture of Oprah's desk I saw on tumblr.
dress: old navy
bag: thrifted
What I wore! I probably would have thrown on a light sweater, but the humidity levels were through the ROOF today. No breeze at all! Welp, I'm off to Moe's southwest grill for a much craved burrito. :D

Have you ever found anything cool whilst antiquing? :)

7 comments:

  1. I love your dress. Very 60ish!

    Antique stores are basically my favorite places ever. They are so much fun and sometimes they're like visiting a free museum. haha.

    My favorite finds have been original movie posters for "Gaslight" and "They Got Me Covered."

    ALSO: A lovely record of The Monkees' "Pisces Aquarius Capricorn & Jones Ltd," because that's my favorite cover art of all their records.

    But, yeah. Antique stores are awesome -- and this post made me very happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked up the album art for that, it's really cool! Something the ultimate Monkees fan would have ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun!! I've actually never been antiquing, though I have been to some really run down thrift stores that only carry 90's mom clothes, if that counts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, antique malls are some of my favorite places in the whole world. I could spend hours walking through each aisle, carefully sorting through piles of little things. I am glad you were able to snap a few pictures because everything looks so wonderful. And I am loving the dress and bag combination! Beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate - I love 90s mom clothes! Sometimes. ;)
    Jennyboo - aw, thanks so much! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics